What I specialise in...
Night and Low Light
Cityscapes, installations of illuminated subjects, events such as live performances and fireworks displays, Time-lapse sequences, and much more.
Of course, I am not limited to just night time shooting, I shoot just as well in daylight!
My style originates from my photojournalism roots and, in event and street environments, I tend to get natural shots of people doing what they do without false posing.
Other photography services I provide include, but not limited to;
- Headshots - Corporate, Actor, and Model headshot portraits, shot on location or in a studio environment.
- Environmental Portraits - Capturing people in their natural working or home environment, expanding a normal picture of a subject to tell the story of what it is they do, where they come from, or who they are.
- Product shoots - small to medium items shot in a studio setting and prepared and provided ready to go straight into your catalogue, website, or advert.
- Wall Art - Everybody needs art for their walls, either for the home or office. I produce various works and cover many different subjects, these are made available via this site, sometimes as limited editions especially for the collector.
- Stock Photography - I sell my stock photography via PicFair, simple licensing at a fair price for both private and commercial uses.
- Photography Workshops - Half and Full day workshops to help you get to grips with your photography and camera settings. Full day Lightroom workshops to polish off your day's shooting. Learn to edit your images like a pro.
- Photo Tours - Regular photo tours are arranged to places such as the Lake District and Northumberland. A lot of the tours are combined with some night time event such as a meteor shower or eclipse.
I have been a professional freelance photographer for more than 20 years and have experience in all genres. I came from a photojournalism background and now I specialise in night and low light photography, but am just as comfortable in a studio set up or location shoot with lighting and modifiers.
Originally from the south of the UK, I moved to the North East in 2004 and established myself as one of the leading photographers in the region and my workshops have proven to be very popular, whether as a group or on a one-to-one basis.
I have many corporate clients, locally and nationally, calling upon my skills in both night/low light shoots and onsite headshot services. Having a pleasant demeanour and great sense of humour helps to put clients at ease in situations that they would normally feel uncomfortable in.
My love of shooting at night has given me the opportunity to capture some stunning scenes and very starry skies.
"One of the greatest things to shoot is a night time landscape during a meteor shower. I love sharing this experience with others and each time I plan one of these shoots I offer people the chance to join me as part of a workshop. Of course there's no guarantee we'll get to see anything as this country has a habit of clouding over just at the crucial time, but we still have a lot of fun"
There's a lot happening in the region in 2018, new container villages, a massive 80 day arts event and the sun is starting to come out more and more. This year looks as though it's going to be a great one for photographing everything around us and I will be sure to be there at all the important times to capture my view of the world. Here's looking forward to a great year and beyond.
A 6 hour workshop aimed at total novices, but anybody is welcome.
This workshop goes into more depth on not only camera settings but also how to capture that perfect photograph.
£75 per person.
Commission Me For All Of Your Photography Needs
All genres of commercial photography undertaken.
Alan Chun Photography Whitehall Road Gateshead Tyne & Wear
Phone: 07981 840 587